Powered By Blogger

Donnerstag, 13. September 2012

Guan Yu Celebration at my Office


This was one of the events at work, but that's a while ago already. ;)
But with the whole internet stuff ad such... anyhow you know the story.


So this small event occurred towards the end of August:
Its common to say thanks to the Chinese War hero Guan Yu, who lived loooooooooong time ago.

The Chinese like to pray to him by bowing three times while making a wish.

It was rather difficult to understand what Guan Yu was all about, but I think the essential things about him was his motives and dedication in life, pursuing the right goals. Most of all it is his loyalty to china.
It is very common to see a mini "temple" of him in many offices, restaurants or shops.



      (Anyone who dares to complain about the pic-quality has the choice to buy me a new one :) )


And then we like to bring him offerings by eating good food!!! (No, serious) (It’s sort of: we eat the food, and then the food will go to the afterlife where he resides)

                                  (Two Pigs, two Chickens, two Ducks)

                                  Too much to eat!


More food, I like making people hungry, muahaha! More to follow up...


And thanks a lot to you who comment on my blog!! (I think those are two for now, lol)

I always appreciate comments :)

Cheerio


1 Kommentar:

  1. Oh my.....soo much food...and even worse i love asian food :D

    Seems that you are having a really great time there.

    Sorry my english is not that great ;)

    AntwortenLöschen